The Need is GREAT!
Key Definitions (A)
US Dept. of Health & Human Services (HHS) Leadership!
Nation-Wide aHAND4 Life!® SERVES:
from the large, "qualified" [significant physical disability (only)] SEGMENT of the 1.4M US Sect101.42 Developmentally Disabled population.
We estimate* 14,000 people nation-wide (<1% of available) can be qualified, active Members & Clients in Service, 500 (to 3.5% of 1%) thru 4Q16!
CLICK HERE to Read More about the U.S. Dept. HHS, ACL
Throughout California, aHAND4 Life!® SERVES:
the representative population of the above - the large, "qualified" [significant physical disability (only)] SEGMENT of upward of potentially 300K people.
We estimate* then at least 2000 people in CA (< 20% of US available), can be qualified, active Members & Clients in Service, and 300 (to 10% of available), thru 4Q16!
CLICK HERE to Read More from the CA DDS Factbook
KEY DEFINITIONS (B)
US Social Security Administration Leadership!
aHAND4 ® Life! bases its charitable Membership & Client medical qualifications primarily on those defined by the US Social Security Administration's Supplement Security Income (SSI) Impairment classifications, (Part A (adult) and some Part B (children),
We also utilize US SSI's "income limits" for our PSPD Membership financial criteria.
Please see the links below for our common significant physical disability categories.
- Musculoskeletally Disabled (signif. crippling, spinal, neuromuscular disorders, etc.)
- Neurologically Disabled (signif. epilepsy, Parkinsons, Sclerosis, Dystrophy, etc.)
- Blind (typically with concomittant disorder(s))
- Limbs Disabled (2 hands missing/amputated, and/or arms, or also leg(s))
- Cardiovascularly Disabled (signif. various disease, disorder, failure, arrhythmia, etc.)
- Oncologicaly Disabled (signif. III/IV Cancers, lymphomas, tumors, leukemias, etc.)
- Lymphatically Disabled (signif. immune system disorders, arthritis, vasculitis etc.)
- Respiratory Disabled (signif. asthma, fibrosis, pneumo/bronchio disorders, etc.)
- Digestively Disabled (signif. hemorraging, short bowel syndrome, etc.
- Genitourinary Disabled (signif renal disease/disorder, nerophathy, uropathy, etc.)
- Skin Disabled (signif. Burns, Ichthyosis, Bullous, photosensitivity etc.)
- Hematologically Disabled (signif. thromboses, coagulation (e.g. hemophelia), etc.)
"Reducing the Burden on Government"
Bringing greater "Accountability!" over charitable giving
In delivery of our Programs, we promise the Public, by unanimous vote of our Directors, TWO things: 1)Best-in-Class Operating Efficiency on donations of a self-imposed 85%; AND 2)Member/ Client Accountability - "skin in the game" - "commitment" - "ethics" - our unique, long-term VISUAL oversight of donated Things!
The RESULT IS: 1) increased Public confidence and giving, 2) a low cost of fundraising, 3) thus REDUCED Burden on Government, 4) Greater REACH to people in need, AND 5) improved "Total Quality of Care!"
Edward W. LeMahieu
aHAND4 Life! President, Chairman, Secretary,
CFO, Founder, Honored Parent!
CFO, Founder, Honored Parent!